- Drafty interiors in winter
- Musty, damp smell in hot weather
- Warped or cupped hardwood floors
- Insects, rodents, snakes
Most of the homes built in our service area are on crawlspaces – vented, dirt-floor areas that have been allowed by building codes for decades. This not a good way to support your greatest investment – your home.
The problem is, the crawl space is full of moisture and since fiberglass insulation is used in most floor systems, that moisture affects the living areas of your home. Fiberglass does not repel moisture, it absorbs it. As fiberglass becomes saturated, it looses its insulation ability and becomes heavy. In severe cases, it may even fall out of the floor completely, allowing musty, damp air to enter your home.
Check your crawl space. You will most likely find a few of these problems.
- Mold growing on joist, girders, bands & subfloors
- Soft, saturated or rotten wood
- Sweating or saturated HVAC ducts, usually in warm months
- Condensation on water lines & wood
- Falling wet fiberglass insulation in floor
- Wet earth & standing water
- Rust on equipment
- Broken Vents
- No air circulation
- Missing or torn vapor barrier
Solution: Crawl Encapsulation
This newer technology, with no vents to let outside air in, will virtually eliminating moisture problem when properly installed. This will also provide significant energy savings for your home and create a usable dry “conditioned space” for you to enjoy of years to come.
What we provide with Crawl Space Encapsulation:
- Removal of old floor insulation if deteriorated (you’ll no longer need it)
- Cleaning of crawl space
- Mold remediation
- Liner: 12 mil, with 20 year warrantee
- Perimeter wall insulation with closed cell spray foam insulation
- Drainage systems when necessary
- Sump pump with alarm and humidity monitoring system
You will breath easier (quite literally) knowing that you no longer dread going under your house.
It has been proven that ventilation with outside air in the humid conditions we have in the coastal Carolinas makes these problems worse and they will not go away on their own.